Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Follow Up on 'Predators'


In my review for 'Predators,' I mentioned a shot that to me was the 'money shot' of the entire trailer and voiced my disappointment that it was featured in the middle of the trailer and not at the end, where it would have been more effective.

At a showing of 'Predators' this weekend, I noticed that (SPOILER ALERT) the shot above isn't even in the film! The moment comes and goes, but at no point do a dozen predators aim their targeting lasers at Adrian Brody.

So my disappointment was doubled -- until I read this today. In an interview with MTV News, Robert Rodriguez addressed this, saying that he came up with that on the day and filmed it JUST FOR THE TRAILER.

That's right. Rodriguez said he knew that was the money shot and knew that fans would be confused when it didn't show up in the movie, but he felt that would just add to the surprise, feeling that it was a great image for a trailer.

So. I'm just saying.

No comments: